How to Clean Breville Espresso Machine: Who doesn’t love a nicely brewed cup of coffee? A coffee machine is an answer to your coffee cravings and the best option is buying a Breville espresso coffee machine also known as a Sage Coffee Maker.
This particular type of coffee machine can also be utilized in commercial cafes thus buying these coffee makers can be a bit heavy on the pocket $$$.
However, once you have spent dollars on the Breville Espresso Machine, we recommend that you learn how to keep it clean as well. This part is extremely important as it ensures that the coffee machine remains free of any bacteria or fungal growth. Moreover, it prevents clogging in the pipes and airways of the machine. Lastly, regularly cleaning ensures that you get a nice and delicious cup of coffee every time you feel like having one.
Let’s get started!
- 1 Step by Step Procedure to Clean a Breville Espresso Machine
- 1.1 Clean the Water Drip Tray
- 1.2 Clean the Portafilter
- 1.3 Clean the Steam Wand
- 1.4 Clean the Coffee Bin
- 1.5 Automatic Cleaning of the Breville Espresso Machine
- 1.6 Remember to Change the Water Filter
- 1.7 Clean the Bean Grinder
- 1.8 Conclusion!
Step by Step Procedure to Clean a Breville Espresso Machine
You will notice that, unlike espresso coffee machines, Breville Espresso makers come with many parts that need washing.
However no need to get worried! We’ll provide you with simple steps on how to keep your coffee machine clean.
Clean the Water Drip Tray
Why Does the Water Drip Tray get Filled Up?
The stripped metal tray that is at the bottom of the machine is known as a water drip tray. Look closely and you’ll notice that there is an “Empty Me” yellow tag on the drip tray. That is where the water collects.
Now you’re probably wondering that if there is no water spillage or dripping then how exactly does a water drip tray fill up?
It’s due to the condensation process that takes place as the steam gets developed when the coffee is being brewed.
How to Clean the Water Drip Tray?
- The “empty me” sign raises and it’s time for you to clean the tray.
- When you push out the front tray, the back tray would come out as well.
- Clean all the 3 trays while you’re emptying the water into the sink.
- If there are coffee spills, use dishwashing soap to wipe the stains.
- Use a towel to wipe the trays of some leftover water droplets.
How to Prevent the Drip Tray from Getting Dirty?
After you have washed the drip tray, you’ll notice that in the process you also had to clean coffee spills.
In the future, you can put a stop to the drip tray getting dirty
Here is how:
- Always keep the coffee beans in a coffee container to ensure that none of the beans gets dropped on the tray.
- Keep a small folded microfiber on the tray so that splashed coffee ends up getting absorbed in the fiber.
Clean the Portafilter
Look closely into the Breville Coffee Espresso Machine and you’ll notice a piece of metal where the Espresso splits.
Occasionally coffee residues build up around that area.
- Take a screwdriver and unscrew that piece of metal.
- You can reach the surface now so clean with a cloth.
Clean the Steam Wand
Also known as milk frothier on which dried milk can get stuck.
- If the milk is already dried on the steam Wand, run the steam for 30 seconds, and then the milk would melt. Wipe with cloth.
- You can also clean it that instant after you have steamed the milk. Run the steam for 5 seconds and wipe with a microfiber cloth.
Clean the Coffee Bin
This is the box in which used coffee beans wind up. We recommend that you wash the box every 2-3 days to prevent the coffee beans from sticking to the surface.
Simply take out the bin and rinse it in the washbasin. Leave it upside down or under the fan to dry out.
Automatic Cleaning of the Breville Espresso Machine
After 200-250 coffee servings the “Clean Me” sign on the machine would start blinking.
All you have to do is press the buttons.
- At the same time press and hold the dual and single buttons on the machine.
- Keep pressing the buttons, meanwhile, turn on the machine power button.
- After you hear a beep sound, you can release the single and dual buttons. The Espresso Machine would automatically start cleaning itself.
Remember to Change the Water Filter
- Dip the new filter paper I water for 15-20 minutes.
- Empty the water tank from any leftover water.
- Unclip the filter holder and take out the old filter paper and replace it with the new one.
- Fill the water tank and put it back in the machine.
Clean the Bean Grinder
This part of the machine is fairly easy to clean. If you have a soft brush at home, simply clean it with a brush every time you’re out of beans.
Well, that was a remarkably simple process, wasn’t it? Several Breville espresso machines come with printed instructions as well so you could follow those procedures too!