How to use Airbrush Cleaning Pot: Ever hear of an airbrush? It’s a small art tool that sprays paint through compressed air. There is so much that you can do with an airbrush. Apply make-up on skin, spray acrylics on glass, paint with watercolors, etc. If you enjoy painting or designing then this is a device which you absolutely must have! However, with that, we recommend that you buy an airbrush cleaning pot as well.
What’s the point of cleaning the airbrushes? It ensures that the light and dark colors do not get mixed up and reduces the amount of over-spraying that can take place due to compressed air.
An airbrush cleaning pot is not your typical cookware that is found in the kitchen. This glass pot is specifically for cleaning colors off the airbrush.
Many airbrush cleaning pots are made up of a glass holder, a black plastic cap, an airbrush holder, a rubber grommet, and a filter. The pot might look very complicated to operate once you set sight on it but it is very easy to use.
Let’s get down to business!
How to use an Airbrush Cleaning Pot
We assure you that the whole process won’t take more than 15 minutes of your time!
- You will notice there is a cup in the gun. Pour a little water into it.
- At the tip of the gun, from where the air comes out, place your finger and pull the trigger. From this, the color at the bottom of the gun will come out easily.
- In the cup of the gun you will see some bubbles coming out. Don’t get worried! Through this method, you are stopping the air from escaping through the gun.
- Keep pulling the trigger a few more times. This will help loosen up the color even further.
- You will notice that the cleaning pot has a hole. Place the gun in that hole and pull the trigger till the gun becomes empty.
- At the bottom of the glass jar, you will find a black color. Next, add some clean water to the gun and pull the trigger.
- Keep repeating this process a few more times till you are sure that it is spraying out clean water.
- Another tip which you would find very useful! Repeat the same process but this time with vodka. This will help the airbrush last longer.
Many people also tend to question that why buy an airbrush cleaning pot? Similarly, several individuals also take out the tip of the airbrush and clean it manually.
Not only is this method dangerous as the tip can be damaged, but you can also hurt yourself with the airbrush needle.
Why do I Need an Airbrush Cleaning Pot?
Easy to Use
All you have to do is pull the trigger and spray; two very simple steps! You would be spraying the paint into the jar. Thus no mess would be created as well.
The Container is Easy to Clean
The airbrush container is made up of glass so it can be washed and cleaned without any hassle.
Brushes are Included
90% of the airbrush cleaning pots come with airbrush nozzles. Thus, you won’t have to separately buy the equipment.
When you are done using the airbrush, we highly suggest that you don’t waste time not cleaning the airbrush. Why? Because the tip of the brush can become dry. If the tip becomes dry then the airbrush can be damaged.
Airbrush Tip Dry
Here is what will happen if the tip becomes dry:
- The brush would start over-spraying. The results won’t be the same and the paint would be splashed everywhere.
- The dry paint can also seal the airbrush’s end and the spray won’t come out.
However, here is what you can do if the airbrush tip does become dry:
- Fetch a cotton swab and dip it in any cleaning solution. If you don’t have any solution at home, you can use water as well.
- Insert the cotton swab into the tip of the airbrush.
- Try aiming between the needle cap and point. This is where the paint would have dried off.
- You will notice that the cotton swab would have some paint on it. Repeat this process a few times till the swab comes back clean.
- Spray the air in the end so that any solution/water is removed from the end.
Now that was Pretty Straightforward!
So folks next time you’re using an airbrush, you won’t have to run to the washroom every time you want to clean the color off it. Just simply buy an airbrush cleaning pot, spray the airbrush in the jar, and use some clean water as well….. You’re good to go!